Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I was always taught that at the beginning of each new year, it was tradition to make three new year's resolutions. Now from experience, come February and whoops what's happened to the resolutions, the new start, the new you... well perhaps not going that far. Chances are that if you have already been doing the activity such as going to the gym, then it becomes much easier to see the resolution through to the end of the year. So here goes for 2011 and the big three:
1. to read at least one book a month (with work and research commitments this could be a challenge)
2. to practise more art (much easier to do a drawing or painting a week)
3. to go to the gym at least 3 times a week (perhaps the easiest of all as I usually do anyway)

Tips from a psychologist to  keep those new year's resolutions:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-12068595


1 comment:

  1. I tend not to make resolutions as there are plenty of things I want to do, but choose not to do to manage my time. Being retired I don't have the obstruction of work demands, but Betty and I volunteer a lot at our church doing counseling, mostly with married couples. Working with and enjoying our horses are a big time consumer for us, but one we thoroughly enjoy. Finally, spending time with each other is a high priority. Of the three things on your list, I would put painting at the top of my 'wish I could add this to my time' list. I read a lot and get to the gym twice a week. However, I love to paint with oils, but that's not something you can do for 30 minutes and leave it.

    In any case, best wishes for 2011.

    Regards,

    Dan

    ReplyDelete