Sunday 7 August 2011

Great Architecture

The Chrysler Building, NYC 
(One of the finest examples of art deco today)


 The Blue Mosque, Istanbul 
(A masterpiece of craftsmanship and design)

The Taj Mahal, Agra 
(A symbol of the power of love; built in homage to the ruler's wife)  
 The Petronas Towers, KL, Malaysia 
(Contemporary architecture influenced by Malaysian religious traditions)

 St Basil's Cathedral, Moscow 
(An incredible pattern of beautifully coloured domes) 

Portmeirion,Wales, UK 
(A Mediterranean styled village in North Wales where the original version of The Prisoner was filmed)

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures and I would concur with your interpretations. Also, I love the header picture on your page.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dan. It's actually Bruges a town I intend to see soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you visited all these places? I don't get to travel but I would love to see them all. The only one I have seen is Chrysler Building.
    http://crazyworld-leann.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leann and thanks for the comment. I've been to some of these places (Singapore/ Malaysia)Russia and Canada. The others I would like to see. It's just a matter of time hopefully. ^^

    ReplyDelete