Sunday 12 September 2010

You're never too old

I couldn't believe it earlier on when I was at the gym this afternoon. I was just in the middle of my routine when this old chap walks in; he appeared to be in his early 80's. Naturally I thought or more precisely I assumed that he had left the crowd watching the badminton tournament going on next door. As it turned out we started chatting and he was telling me that his wife had recently passed away and that he used to work out quite regularly. I offered words of encouragement saying that my mother still goes to keep fit classes at nearly 75 years of age and my late father used to do ballroom and Latin American dancing and managed to win various medals in it too. The gentleman later claimed that he was going to get back into training and I thought yes why not, just do what you can and go at your own pace. After he'd gone I was thinking about all those marathon runners who are still jogging well into their senior years so there you go~let's have some respect for these guys who just seem to keep going and going and why not.


1 comment: